SIM808 shield is a GSM and GPS plus Bluetooth three-in-one function shield for Peakduino/Arduino. It is based on the latest GSM/GPS/Bluetooth(optional) module SIM808 from SIMCOM, supports GSM/GPRS Quad-Band network and combines GPS technology for satellite navigation.It has high GPS receive sensitivity with 22 tracking and 66 acquisition receiver channels. Besides, it also supports A-GPS that available for indoor localization and bluetooth 3.0.
GPRS/GSM Shield is configured and controlled via its UART using simple
AT commands. Based on the SIM900 module from SIMCOM, it is like a cell
phone. Besides the communications features, the GPRS/GSM Shield has 6
GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC.
The module is controlled by AT command via UART and supports 3.3V and 5V logical level.
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class12 connectivity: max. 85.6kbps(down-load/up-load)
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Controlled by AT Command (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports Real Time Clock
- Supply voltage range 5V ~ 12V
- Integrated GPS/CNSS and supports A-GPS
- Support Bluetooth 3.0
- Onboard 3.0V to 5.0V logic level converter
- Low power consumption, 1mA in sleep mode
- Supports GPS NMEA protocol
- Standard Micro SIM Card
For details please refer to the SIM808 SPEC_V1507 doc.
- M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Applicatoions - To transfer control data using SMS or GPRS between two machines located at two different factories.
- Remote control of appliances - Send SMS while you are at your office to turn on or off your washing machine at home.
- Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network - Make it with Peakduino and create a sensor node capable of transferring sensor data (like from a weather station - temperature, humidity etc.) to a web server (like pachube.com).
- Vehicle Tracking System - Install GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield in your car and publish your location live on the internet. Can be used as a automotive burglar alarm.
- Duinopeak SIM808 GPRS GSM GPS Shield x1
- Active GSM antenna x1
- Active GPS antenna for GPS application
- Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
- The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions specially in dry (low humidity) weather.
- The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is 19200 bps 8-N-1. (Can be changed using AT commands).
Here’s a quick overview of each pin mapping:
SIM808 module ground (0V reference)
Reset the SIM808 module
Request to send
Serial data input
Serial data output
Duinopeak SIM808 GPRS GSM GPS Shield for Arduino
- Brand: Duinopeak
- Product Code: Product
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $25.58
- 10 or more $23.00