SIM808 shield is a GSM and GPS plus Bluetooth three-in-one function shield for Peakduino/Arduino. It is based on the latest GSM/GPS/Bluetooth(optional) module SIM808 from SIMCOM, supports GSM/GPRS Quad-Band network and combines GPS technology for satellite navigation.It has high GPS receive sensitivity with 22 tracking and 66 acquisition receiver channels. Besides, it also supports A-GPS that available for indoor localization and bluetooth 3.0.
The GPRS/GSM Shield is configured and controlled via its UART using simple AT commands. Based on the SIM900 module from SIMCOM, it is like a cell phone. Besides the communications features, the GPRS/GSM Shield has 6 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC.
The module is controlled by AT command via UART and supports 3.3V and 5V logical level.
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class12 connectivity: max. 85.6kbps(down-load/up-load)
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Controlled by AT Command (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports Real Time Clock
- Supply voltage range 5V ~ 12V
- Integrated GPS/CNSS and supports A-GPS
- Support Bluetooth 3.0
- Onboard 3.0V to 5.0V logic level converter
- Low power consumption, 1mA in sleep mode
- Supports GPS NMEA protocol
- Standard Micro SIM Card
- Onboard USB port for firmware upgrade only(not for serial debug)
For details please refer to the SIM808 SPEC_V1507 doc.
- M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Applicatoions – To transfer control data using SMS or GPRS between two machines located at two different factories.
- Remote control of appliances – Send SMS while you are at your office to turn on or off your washing machine at home.
- Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network – Make it with Peakduino and create a sensor node capable of transferring sensor data (like from a weather station – temperature, humidity etc.) to a web server (like pachube.com).
- Vehicle Tracking System – Install GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield in your car and publish your location live on the internet. Can be used as a automotive burglar alarm.
- Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
- The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions specially in dry (low humidity) weather.
- The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is 19200 bps 8-N-1. (Can be changed using AT commands).
Here’s a quick overview of each pin mapping:
|Pin Label||In/Out||Board Connection||Pin Description|
|GND||In||Ground||SIM808 module ground (0V reference)|
|SIM_RST||In||Arduino D9||Reset the SIM808 module|
|SIM_DTR||In||Arduino D8||Data terminal ready|
|SIM_PWR||In||Arduino D7||Enable or Disable the SIM module|
|RX||In||Arduino D0-D4||Serial data input|
|TX||Out||Arduino D0-D4||Serial data output|
|SIM_RI||Out||Arduino D6||Ring indicator – Output Low when incoming calls|
|VRTC||In||The button battery||Backup power – keeps the RTC running (2.7-3.3V input range)|
|VBAT||In||On-board 4.0V regulator||4.0V power supply input|
- Layout – An image of the layout.
- Schematics – An image of the schematic.
- USB Drivers – for upload firmware only.
- SIM800 Series_Bluetooth_Application_Note_V1.04
- SIM800 Series_Bluetooth_Application_Note_V1.04中文版
- SIM800 Series_GNSS_Application Note V1.00
- SIM808_Hardware Design_V1.02
- SIM808 SPEC_V1507
- Advanced Arduino Libarary for SIM800 Shield